Demystifying the Private Funds Reform Rule
The Private Funds Reform Rule (IA-5955), a series of rules and amendments to the Investment Adviser Act of 1940 (the Final Rules), was adopted on August 23, 2023 after 18 months of discussions and changes to the proposed rules and amendments. The Final Rules are arguably the biggest regulatory development for the industry since the Dodd-Frank Act, and will impact both SEC-registered and unregistered private fund managers.
Closing out at 660 pages, the Final Rules place a weighty burden on compliance professionals to decipher the language and determine next steps for compliance.
Join us Thursday, September 7th as we uncover what these Rules will mean for your firm and provide actionable steps to prepare for the pending compliance date.
- Quarterly statement requirements
- Detailed information about fees and expenses and compensation
- Standardized fund performance
- Prohibitions on preferential treatment
- Restrictions on activities that may harm investors
- Adviser-led secondaries requirements
- Private Fund audit requirement
- Documentation requirements for the annual review
Who should attend
This webcast is for compliance and performance professionals, CCOs, COOs, and GC's at private funds looking to better understand the implications of the SEC’s recent rulemaking agenda and the recently adopted Rules.
- Carlo di Florio, Global Advisory Leader, ACA Group
- Joshua Broaded, Partner, Head of Regulatory Compliance, ACA Group
- Chase Frei, CFA, Partner, ACA’s Performance Services, ACA Group