Financial Crime Prevention - 26 May 2021
This course is specifically designed to assist Senior Management in meeting their statutory and regulatory obligations.
Any failure to meet these obligations is a breach of the MLR and of the FCA/PRA Rules in “Senior Management Arrangements, Systems and Control (SYSC).
As Bribery and Corruption and Market Abuse may involve the proceeds of crime they are natural derivatives of AML so this course also includes an explanation of the offences and penalties under the Bribery Act 2010 and the Market Abuse regime.
The course includes examples of the offences that could have an impact on senior management, including the potential for 2 years in prison for not taking sufficient steps to prevent bribery. One of the steps toward prevention is of course the provision of training.
Course Objectives: Attendance at this course will provide:
- A sound knowledge of AML/CTF, ABC and MA
- An appreciation of the obligations on the firm and each individual
- An understanding of the importance of the JMLSG
- An opportunity to benchmark your knowledge and current compliance arrangements
- Comfort that the firm is compliant with Regulation 24 of the MLR and is able to demonstrate that staff have been made aware of AML, ABC and MA
- What Money Laundering is
- The Legal Framework
- JMLSG Guidance: including the risk based approach
- Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Awareness and Training
- Record Keeping
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Market Abuse
Course aimed at: All staff