U.S. Regulatory Update – June 2023 Edition
We invite you to read the latest issue of our monthly newsletter, June 2023 U.S. Regulatory Update, where you will find practical thought leadership distilling the latest regulatory headlines.
For all firms this month, we highlight the SEC’s latest risk alerts on weak branch office procedures and on the LIBOR transition, the biggest whistleblower award ever, and new state regulations related to privacy and financial exploitation of seniors and other vulnerable investors.
For advisers, we share key takeaways from recent Form PF amendments and for broker-dealers, we break down a recent case of Regulation Best Interest (“Reg BI”) failures. Finally, we share our “lessons learned” from recent enforcement activity and suggested resources for your additional research.
This edition, includes articles covering:
- The SEC’s largest whistleblower award
- Transitioning from LIBOR to SOFR
- A risk alert on safeguarding customer records and information at branch offices
- Indiana, Tennessee, and Montana adopting comprehensive privacy laws
- Georgia's new financial exploitation law
- The SEC's amendments to Form PF
- FINRA’s first expulsion for firm’s Reg BI failures
- Lessons learned
- To do checklists for June / July 2023
- And more
How we help
The compliance environment has never been more complex or demanding. We can help you to navigate the evolving regulatory landscape while considering the complexity of your firm’s unique compliance requirements.
ACA Signature is a scalable solution curated to suit your firm’s unique compliance needs. With ACA Signature, you can choose the combination of compliance advisory services, innovative technology and managed services that is right for your firm. ACA Signature puts you in complete control of your compliance program.
To learn more about ACA Signature, contact us below.