Join us for a live webcast as we discuss the intricacies and challenges for financial firms associated with the volume and complexity of side letter and legal document management and demonstrate how ACA's new technology solution can help.
The Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) are a set of voluntary, ethical principles that guide investment firms on how to calculate and present their investment performance.
Firms across the industry are challenged not only by becoming GIPS compliant but also by maintaining such compliance. We can assist your firm with overcoming these challenges by helping build and improve upon your framework for compliance as well as by providing firm-wide verifications and performance examinations.
GIPS compliance by the numbers
Number of consultants
That expect to require alternative asset managers to comply with the GIPS standards
Number of consultants/investors
that believe more pension funds, foundations, endowments and other asset owners will claim compliance with the 2020 GIPS standards
Number of consultants/investors
that exclude managers from searches some or all of the time if they do not claim GIPS compliance
We assist firms with developing the roadmap and building the framework to claim GIPS compliance. Our pre-compliance consulting addresses:
- calculation methodologies
- policy and procedures development
- composite membership guidelines
- a thorough review of your marketing and advertising disclosures
Our independent verifications are designed to assess whether your firm is adhering to the GIPS standards. Our firm-wide verification services will confirm:
- Whether your firm has complied with all the composite-construction requirements of the GIPS standards on a firm-wide basis
- Whether your firm’s processes and procedures are designed to calculate and present performance results in compliance with the GIPS standards
Third-party verification brings credibility to the claim of compliance and supports the overall guiding principles of full disclosure and fair representation of investment performance. Many asset managers find that consultants and institutional investors require GIPS-compliant firms to be verified before moving forward in any searches.
We provide comprehensive, focused performance examinations of specific composite track records. Our examinations could include:
- Whether composite calculations are in compliance with the GIPS standards
- Whether the composite’s compliant presentation includes all of the required statistics and disclosures of the GIPS standards
A firm cannot claim that a particular composite has been examined unless a performance examination has been completed. A performance examination can only be conducted by a verifier after, or in conjunction with, a firm-wide verification.
Why claim GIPS compliance?
- Provides additional credibility in presenting performance numbers in the marketplace
- Reinforces existing client relationships and opens doors to consultants and potential clients
- Fosters comparability of investment results
- Often required in order to be considered for institutional mandates
- Demonstrates commitment to best practices and industry standards
- Facilitates a solid operational foundation for performance calculation and advertising
As February quickly moves into March, firms are looking to begin or finalize the updates needed for the GIPS Reports so that they can market 2020 performance results. Below is a checklist to help determine if your firm has considered all the items needed to ‘flip the switch’ over to the 2020 GIPS standards.
FINRA's release of Regulatory Notice 20-21 allows the use of IRR for investments or funds that have been fully realized but further requires utilizing the calculation methodologies of the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) for investment programs/funds that include both realized and unrealized holdings.
ACA Group Announces ComplianceAlpha® 2021Q2 with New Features Designed to Help Financial Services Firms Meet Increasing Demands for Digitizing Compliance Programs
ComplianceAlpha 2021 Q2 introduces a suite of new features and sophisticated technology enhancements designed to help firms globally build more comprehensive and scalable GRC programs in line with the expectations of regulators, boards, management, clients, and investors.
Russell Investments Selects ACA Group’s ComplianceAlpha to Modernize Their Risk and Compliance Program from a Single Platform
Russell Invesments has selected ACA's ComplianceAlpha® to help modernize and streamline their compliance program.
Join us as ACA's Jordan Schwartz will provide a live demo of the new features recently added to ComplianceAlpha®.
Join us for a live webcast as experts from our ESG advisory team explain what environmental justice is, why it warrants such a sweeping approach, how businesses can (or should) be involved, and why investors should care about it.