The regulator is clear, you and your team must review your competence and training needs regularly. This course is designed specifically to assist all staff in meeting and staying up to date with their statutory and regulatory obligations.
The Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) are a set of voluntary, ethical principles that guide investment firms on how to calculate and present their investment performance.
Firms across the industry are challenged not only by becoming GIPS compliant but also by maintaining such compliance. We can assist your firm with overcoming these challenges by helping build and improve upon your framework for compliance as well as by providing firm-wide verifications and performance examinations.
GIPS compliance by the numbers
According to the ACA and eVestment 2018 Manager and Consultant Survey:
Number of consultants
That expect to require alternative asset managers to comply with the GIPS standards
Number of consultants/investors
that believe more pension funds, foundations, endowments and other asset owners will claim compliance with the 2020 GIPS standards
Number of consultants/investors
that exclude managers from searches some or all of the time if they do not claim GIPS compliance
We assist firms with developing the roadmap and building the framework to claim GIPS compliance. Our pre-compliance consulting addresses:
- calculation methodologies
- policy and procedures development
- composite membership guidelines
- a thorough review of your marketing and advertising disclosures
Our independent verifications are designed to assess whether your firm is adhering to the GIPS standards. Our firm-wide verification services will confirm:
- Whether your firm has complied with all the composite-construction requirements of the GIPS standards on a firm-wide basis
- Whether your firm’s processes and procedures are designed to calculate and present performance results in compliance with the GIPS standards
Third-party verification brings credibility to the claim of compliance and supports the overall guiding principles of full disclosure and fair representation of investment performance. Many asset managers find that consultants and institutional investors require GIPS-compliant firms to be verified before moving forward in any searches.
We provide comprehensive, focused performance examinations of specific composite track records. Our examinations could include:
- Whether composite calculations are in compliance with the GIPS standards
- Whether the composite’s compliant presentation includes all of the required statistics and disclosures of the GIPS standards
A firm cannot claim that a particular composite has been examined unless a performance examination has been completed. A performance examination can only be conducted by a verifier after, or in conjunction with, a firm-wide verification.
Why claim GIPS compliance?
- Provides additional credibility in presenting performance numbers in the marketplace
- Reinforces existing client relationships and opens doors to consultants and potential clients
- Fosters comparability of investment results
- Often required in order to be considered for institutional mandates
- Demonstrates commitment to best practices and industry standards
- Facilitates a solid operational foundation for performance calculation and advertising
Our unique perspective is informed by our real-world experience, deep subject matter expertise, and extensive client network.
As February quickly moves into March, firms are looking to begin or finalize the updates needed for the GIPS Reports so that they can market 2020 performance results. Below is a checklist to help determine if your firm has considered all the items needed to ‘flip the switch’ over to the 2020 GIPS standards.
FINRA's release of Regulatory Notice 20-21 allows the use of IRR for investments or funds that have been fully realized but further requires utilizing the calculation methodologies of the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) for investment programs/funds that include both realized and unrealized holdings.
ACA Group announced today that ACA Aponix® is the recipient of the Accounting/Due Diligence Firm of the Year in the 20th Annual M&A Advisor Awards. The M&A Advisor Awards are the benchmark for dealmaking excellence, recognizing the leading M&A Transactions, Restructurings, Deal Financings, Product/ Services, Firms, and Professionals.
ACA is delighted to be counted among the 100 most innovative RegTech companies in the financial industry.
Financial services providers that hold or control client money or assets must follow specific rules outlined in the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) Clients Assets Sourcebook (CASS). This course is specifically designed to assist teams in dealing with client money audits and the client assets report, as well as helping them stay up to date with statutory and regulatory obligations in this complicated area.
We've again partnered with the National Society of Compliance Professionals (NSCP) to provide financial services firms with an opportunity to gain insight into cybersecurity compliance programs. Join us as we present the results of the survey.