U.S. Regulatory Update – February 2023 Edition
We hope you enjoy the February 2023 Edition of the ACA Regulatory Update. This month we share updates about the SEC’s amendments to Rule 10b5-1 related to corporate issuer insider trading programs and several new state privacy laws taking effect this year. We've also gathered resources to help you manage the growing number of states adopting continuing education requirements and remind you of the newly effective amendments to Form 13F.
Download to read our unique insights and practical thought leadership as well as a checklist of important dates for the month of February.
This edition, includes articles such as:
- News for All Firms
- SEC Amends Rule 10b5-1 Restricting Insider Trading
- State Privacy "Class of 2023" - Several New Privacy Laws Taking Effect
- News for Investment Advisers
- 10 States Now Require IARs to Complete Annual Continuing Education
- Form 13F Amendments to Make Data More Usable Take Effect
- News for CPOs/CTAs
- NFA Reminds Members to Confirm Exemption Status of Entities They Do Business With
- Lessons Learned
- SEC Fines Service Provider $5 Million for Securities Fraud: Service Providers Beware!
- I'm Ready for My Close-Up: Former PM Leverages Investment to Get His Daughter in the Movies
- Adviser Keeps Revenue Sharing on the Down Low - and Gets SEC Smackdown
How we help
Compliance teams need continuous support and knowledge sharing to stay on top of regulatory initiatives. Our team helps you navigate the evolving regulatory landscape while considering the complexity of your firm’s unique compliance requirements.
We help our clients manage regulatory compliance, cybersecurity and risk, and performance verification through our consulting, outsourcing, and technology solutions. Our services and solutions include standard and customized compliance packages, cybersecurity and technology risk assessments, Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) compliance and other performance services, and a variety of business advisory, technology, and training solutions for financial services firms.
Contact us if you have any further questions, or how ACA can help your firm meet your regulatory requirements.