Lessons Learned from 2022's Scariest Cyber Breaches
2022 was a record-breaking year for cybercrime with the average cost of a cyber breach reaching a high of $4.35 million. As the costs of breaches continue to rise, so too does the number of organizations who are experiencing breaches, with 83% of companies reporting that they’ve suffered more than one breach in their lifetime (according to the 2022 IBM Cost of a Data Breach Report). The methods and tactics for breaches have also shifted, as cybercriminals have turned their attack knowledge into an industry with Phishing and Ransomware as services.
During this webcast, we will discuss the seven scariest breaches of 2022, which are significant in their sophistication, financial costs, range of attack, and overall impact, as well as how to combat cybercrime through robust cybersecurity practices and response plans.
This webcast will cover:
- 2022 cyber crime statistics and trends
- Typology of breaches
- Scariest breaches, including ransomware, compromised credentials, third-party/supply chain, and malicious insider
- Action steps to remain/become secure
- Mike Pappacena, Partner, ACA Aponix
- Aaron Pinnick, Manager of Thought Leadership, ACA Aponix