ACA Releases Enhanced Global Managed Services Solution Amidst Economic Maelstroms
- Financial services firms globally are facing multiple pressures on their capacity to remain compliant with evolving regulatory demands, while navigating an approaching economic downturn and challenges in the recruitment and retention of quality compliance staff.
- Challenges such as the “Great Attrition”, burnout and “quiet quitting” continue to push firms to find, attract, hire, and retain talent.
- Research carried out by Oxford Economics found that it takes workers 28 weeks to reach optimum productivity – which has an attached cost of £25,200 per employee.* At the same time, in the US, Work Institute research indicates that losing an employee typically costs approximately 33% of their base salary.
- Managed Services provides on demand expertise and capacity, while leveraging economies of scale to provide a cost-efficient, flexible solution. ACA has announced its Managed Services as a comprehensive compliance offering to firms of all sizes.
Leading governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) advisor ACA Group (ACA) today announces it has bolstered its comprehensive Managed Services offering in response to a global economic downturn, increasing budget pressure and growing recruitment and retention challenges. Firms can now benefit from a customised blend of outsourced task management with the option of leveraging ACA ComplianceAlpha® regulatory technology for increased efficiencies. These solutions assist financial services firms, globally, helping them to cut costs, reduce turnaround times, and free up resources for value-adding activities.
A report from McKinsey earlier this year highlighted the challenges for business leaders looking to attract and retain talent with the onset of the “Great Attrition” in which the number of employees quitting, or thinking about doing so, has skyrocketed. Meanwhile, Gallup’s “State of the Global Workforce 2022” report found that employee engagement rate in the U.S. and Canada is 33%, and only 9% of workers are engaged and enthusiastic about work in the UK.
Not only is there a difficulty in retaining talent, but there’s also a significant cost associated with hiring new employees. Research carried out by Oxford Economics found that it takes workers 28 weeks to reach optimum productivity – which has an attached cost of £25,200 per employee. Further, Work Institute’s Retention Report 2022 found that, in the US, losing an employee typically costs approximately 33% of their base salary, and in 2021 the costs of turnover to employers exceeded $700 billion, with the costs of turnover to employers more than doubling since 2009.
This announcement comes at a time when the SEC is set to enforce its marketing rules – intended to prevent investment advisers from misleading clients. A key function of ACA’s Managed Services offering is analysis and review of marketing and financial promotions. This feature is complemented by electronic communication reviews, AML due diligence (onboarding KYC/CIP and deal-related support) and screening services, code of ethics and personal account dealing and administration, expert network chaperoning, and wider regulatory reporting requirements – which are also included in ACA’s Managed Services portfolio.
Carlo di Florio, Global Advisory Leader, ACA Group, commented: “The escalating pace of regulatory change, compliance talent cost pressures, budget constraints, and threat of recession is creating capacity, recruitment and retention challenges for many firms. Yet the pressure from increased global regulatory requirements is only growing. This challenge leaves firms in danger of creating risky exposure gaps in their compliance program.”
As a result, firms are finally beginning to change the way they think about moving to managed services, with Reuters’ recently revealing 30% of firms outsource all or part of their compliance functionality.
Carlo di Florio continued: “In this climate, risk and compliance leaders are being asked to do more with less. Managed services allows them to offload time-intensive day-to-day tasks to a trusted partner for enhanced efficiencies, allowing them to focus their limited resources on other, value-enhancing activities. These services can be scaled to meet the needs of clients and internal governance processes, reduce key person risk, and mitigate burnout and lower the risk of turnover. As regulatory change continues, new compliance challenges will undoubtedly emerge, which is why firms need a managed service partner that is 100% adaptive to changes in the regulatory landscape.”
ACA has released a white paper investigating the challenges firms face in today’s regulatory and economic environment, exploring various trends and solutions to bridging the compliance gap, navigating uncertain geopolitical times, and tackling the war on talent. Download the full white paper, Surviving the Macro Economic Superstorm here.
U.S. – BackBay Communications
Europe – Aspectus Group
About ACA Group
ACA Group (ACA) is the leading governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) advisor in financial services. We empower our clients to reimagine GRC and protect and grow their business. Our innovative approach integrates advisory, managed services, distribution solutions, and analytics with our ComplianceAlpha® technology platform with the specialized expertise of former regulators and practitioners and our deep understanding of the global regulatory landscape.
For more information, visit www.acaglobal.com.
About ACA Managed Services
Our managed services team helps compliance and risk teams address the challenges of increasing the effectiveness of their compliance programs, managing with fewer internal resources, ensuring high-quality results, and reducing turnaround times and lower costs.
We provide our clients with solutions to these challenges while delivering value and improved outcomes. Our dedicated managed services team of 150+ compliance and risk professionals has a proven record of providing high-quality results for over 1,400 firms globally, including large diversified financial institutions; private fund managers and their portfolio companies; broker-dealers; investment advisers and investment companies.
Our managed services include:
- Outsourced Marketing and Advertising / Financial Promotions Reviews
- Code of Ethics and Personal Trading System Support
- AML DD Support - KYC/CIP Onboarding and AML Screening
- Electronic Communications and Social Media / Online Presence Reviews
- Expert Network Chaperoning (and Recorded Calls Reviews)
- Filings (Form ADV, AIFMD/Annex IV, Section 13 including F, G, H, and Form PF)
- ComplianceAlpha Regulatory Technology Managed Services – EC, CM, MR, AML, MAS, eComms
- Staff Augmentation / Key Compliance Task Outsourcing – as agreed upon